HOT OFF THE PRESSES:
Who are we?
The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is an organization of both women and men that welcomes diversity, equity and inclusion. Located in California's Capitol, League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is uniquely positioned to participate in the study of political issues at both the local and state level.
- We encourage informed and active participation in government.
- We work to increase understanding of major public-policy issues.
- We influence public policy through education and advocacy.
What can I do as a member?
- The Sacramento League launched an education campaign about ranked-choice voting used in some cities to rank candidates in order of preferences. Let us know if your group would like information on voter education, voter registration or ranked-choice voting.
- The Sacramento League was recently featured as a case study in the book Vote for US, by Joshua Douglas, Ph.D. He tells the story of how we led a governance reform effort in Sacramento.
- The League of Women Voters Sacramento County has a Criminal Justice Reform committee following the Sacramento Police Review Commission and we are working on something for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department as well.
- Suffragists Club members provide extra funding for League activities and celebrate our annual Anne Rudin schlarship winner. To join, see the various membership levels.
The League does not support nor oppose candidates or political parties.
What are our voter registration and education activities?
- Voter registration training for Sacramento Chapter of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women.
- Voter registration with ProYouth and Families.
- Voter registration, Street Vets pet clinic, first Sunday every month.
- Support for the Registrar's Office with extra mock elections.
- Distribution of voter materials in Sacramento area Post offices.
- Voter Registration at the Women's March (west side of Capital), 1/18/2020
- Candidate Forum, Carmichael Library, 1/22/2020
- Voter registration at CSUS in Hinde Auditorium, 1/24/20, 1/25/20 and 3/25/20
- Voter Registration, St. Mark's United Methodist Church, 1/26/2020
- Candidates Forum, Congressional District 7 (Jeff Burdick, Jon Ivy, Buzz Paterson, Chris Richardson), Rio Americano Performing Arts Center, 1/28/20
- Voter registration training, Luther Burbank High School, 2/6/20
- Women's Empowerment, 2/6/20
- Candidate Forum for District 6 City Council Candidates (Eric Frame, Eric Guerra, Waverly Hamilton III, Kevin Rooney), Elmhurst Neighborhood Association at the Masonic Hall 4647 U Street, 2/10/20.
- Voter registration, Parkside Community Church, 2/22/20
- Voter registration, CSUS Hinde Auditorium, 2/25/20
- Voter registration, CSUS Hinde Auditorium, 3/2/20
- Voter registration and all questions answered - all welcome! - St. Marks United Methodist Church, 3/3/2020.
How do I vote in California?
- Register to Vote
- Voting is easier than ever with Voter's Choice
- You will get your ballot by mail
- You can vote early or on election day
- You can put your signed ballot in any Ballot Drop Box or mail it in
- You can bring your ballot to any Vote Center
- Visit Voting & Elections for more of the California League's voter services including positions on Statewide propositions.